Draft Kilkenny County Council Climate Action Plan
DRAFT KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL CLIMATE ACTION PLAN 2024-2029
Open Date: Wednesday, 15th November 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20th December 2023
What is the Climate Action Plan?
The Draft Kilkenny County Council Climate Action Plan 2024-2029 sets out the actions that will be taken by Kilkenny County Council to prepare our County and people living here for the impacts of climate change whilst also laying out measures to mitigate the effects of climate change. The Plan outlines the main climate risks facing County Kilkenny and the current levels of greenhouse gas emissions of Kilkenny County Council and the County.
The core targets of Draft Kilkenny County Councils Climate Action Plan are:
- 50% improvement in the Council's Energy Efficiency by 2030
- 51% reduction in the Council's greenhouse gas emissions by 2030
The actions within this Draft Climate Action Plan include those for which Kilkenny County Council is fully accountable across its own buildings, operations, services, and functions; as well as actions for which Kilkenny County Council will influence, co-ordinate, facilitate and advocate on for climate action in the County.
Kilkenny County Council are now inviting the public and stakeholders to have their say on the Plan until Wednesday, 20th December 2023.
Where to view the Draft Kilkenny County Council Climate Action Plan
- Here on consult.kilkenny.ie
- Ferrybank Library Drop in Session Tuesday 21st November, 10:30 - 13:00
- Castlecomer Library Drop in Session Wednesday 22nd November, 10:30 - 13:00
- Kilkenny City Library Drop in Session Thursday 23rd November, 10:30 - 13:00
- Public Participation Network Webinar Wednesday 22nd November, 19:00 - 20:00 (Passcode: 432011)
The Draft Kilkenny County Council Climate Action Plan my also be inspected during public opening hours from Thursday 16th November 2023 until Wednesday 20th December 2023 inclusive, at the following locations:
- County Hall, Environment Office, Johns Street, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny Eircode R95 A39T
- Callan Library, Clonmel Road, Callan, Co. Kilkenny, R95 TW10
- Castlecomer Library, Kilkenny Street, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny, R95 AH33
- Kilkenny City Library, John’s Quay, Co. Kilkenny, R95 YX65
- Ferrybank Library, Ferrybank Shopping Centre, Ferry Bank, Waterford, X91 D211
- Graiguenamanagh Library, Convent Road, Graiguenamanagh, Co. Kilkenny R95 V342
- Loughboy Library, Loughboy Shopping Centre Waterford Road, Co. Kilkenny, R95 TD71
- Thomastown Library, Marsh’s Street Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, R95 HP26
- Urlingford Library, The Courthouse, Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny, E41 A2X4
View the Public Notice of preparation of the Draft Climate Action Plan here
The Draft Climate Action Plan is supported by the following supplementary documents
- County Kilkenny Climate Change Risk Assessment 2023
- County Kilkenny Baseline Emissions Inventory 2023
- Kilkenny City Decarbonisation Zone Baseline Emissions Inventory 2023
- Kilkenny City Decarbonisation Zone Plan (Phase 1) 2023
- Kilkenny Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report
- Natura Impact Report
Submissions may be made as follows up until Wednesday, 20th December 2023
- Through Kilkenny County Council Draft Climate Action Plan Consultation Portal
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: CAP Draft Consultation)
- In writing to: Kilkenny County Council Draft Climate Action Plan, Climate Action Coordinator, Kilkenny County Council, Patricks Court, Patrick St, Co. Kilkenny
Data Privacy Statement
Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on Kilkenny County Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period. Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data provided as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this Plan and in accordance with Kilkenny County Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation. Please read our full Privacy Statement here before making a submission.