Fair Green Regeneration Project - Part 8
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Comhairle Chontae Chill Chainnigh Kilkenny County Council
Proposed development by a Local Authority
Section 179 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2010 Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2011
Fair Green Regeneration Project
In accordance with Part 8, Article 81 of the above Regulations, Kilkenny County Council hereby gives notice of proposals pertaining to the following development:
The provision of enhancements to the Fair Green Callan including the following:
- Upgrading of the existing amenities within the green area including an extension of the existing playground;
- Repair and replacement of existing playground equipment;
- Provision of Age Active Area & Passive Recreation Area;
- The implementation of traffic management measures including the introduction of a one-way system, formalised parking areas, slow zone area signage and roundtop table speed ramps;
- Provision of new street lighting;
- Provision of footpaths / walking track;
- Resurfacing of existing roads and parking areas;
- The reopening of the access out onto Lower Green Lane;
- Upgrading of the existing entrance at Lower Green Lane;
- Creation of new exit point from the GAA grounds;
- New surface water drainage;
- Hard and soft landscaping.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection from 20th January 2017
to 3rd March 2017 inclusive, at the following Kilkenny County Council offices:
Kilkenny County Council, From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 5pm County Buildings, Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays) John Street, Kilkenny City.
Kilkenny County Council, From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 5pm
Callan Area Office, Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays) Prologue, Callan Co. Kilkenny.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and development of the area in which the development will be carried out may be made online on this website or in writing to the undersigned. The latest date for receipt of comments on the above scheme is 20th March 2017. Submissions should be clearly marked Fair Green Regeneration Project.
Mr. Tim Butler, Director of Services,
Kilkenny County Council, County Buildings,
John Street, Kilkenny.