Proposed Variation 1 to Kilkenny County Development Plan 2014-2020
Proposed Variation No.1 to the Kilkenny County Development Plan
In accordance with Section 13(3) of the Planning & Development Acts 2000-2015, notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council is proposing a number of Variations to the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020 and Kilkenny County Development Plan 2014 - 2020.
Variation No. 1 to the Kilkenny County Development Plan 2014-2020 is in order to:
- Amend the site specific development standards for Mount Juliet estate
- Incorporate the requirements of the Urban Regeneration and Housing Act 2015, to apply Part V to developments of 10+ houses with 10% social housing requirement.
- Align the minimum development standards for new apartments with the Department’s Guidelines for Planning Authorities on Sustainable Urban Housing: Design Standards for New Apartments (2015).
A copy of the Proposed Variations, including Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening reports and Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Reports, may be inspected at the following locations for a 4 week period from 2nd September – 30th September 2016.
- Online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/
- The Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny during office opening hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Carnegie Library, John’s Quay, Kilkenny during opening hours of: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 8pm, Thursdays and Fridays 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, and Saturdays 10am to 1:30pm.
- Thomastown Area Office, Thomastown, during office opening hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Variations, SEA and AA Screening Reports made to the Planning Authority within this period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Variations. All submissions must be clearly marked ‘Variation’. Submissions can be made online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie, or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed in writing to Director of Services Planning, Kilkenny County Council, John Street, Kilkenny.
Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s website during the public consultation period.
Submissions must be received by the Planning Authority by 5pm on 30th September 2016.
Director of Services, Planning Department
31st August 2016