Development of 20 housing units and associated site works at Canal Road/Rathdowney Road, Johnstown, Co. Kilkenny
In accordance with Part 8, Article 81, of the above regulations, Kilkenny County Council hereby gives notice of proposals pertaining to the following development on the above site:
- Construction of 20 no. houses: 12 two storey units (11x2/3 bed + 1x4 bed) & 8 single storey 1/2 bed units and all associated site development works.
- Development includes demolition of 2 derelict houses & a vacant cottage.
- The site consists of 5 parcels of land, 3 currently owned by Kilkenny County Council with agreement to purchase for the remaining 2 portions.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase for a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours from Friday 18th June 2021 until Friday 16th July 2021 inclusive, at: -
- The Planning Section of Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John St, Kilkenny between the hours of 9.00am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.00pm BY APPOINTMENT To make an appointment please contact: 056 7794010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Castlecomer Area Office Kilkenny St., Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny between the hours of 9.00am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.00pm BY APPOINTMENT To make an appointment please contact: 056 4440553 or email CastlecomerAreaOffice@kilkennycoco.ie
Details of the proposed development can also be viewed at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be carried out, may be made:
- Online at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/,
- in writing to the Planning Section, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny or or by email: email@example.com
- Or sent to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org .
The latest time and date for receipt of submissions on the development is 5.00pm on Friday 30th July 2021. Submissions should be clearly marked “Canal Road, Johnstown Housing – Part 8 Planning Submission”
In accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) the Planning authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
As per Article 120(3) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), where any person considers that the development proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Signed: Mary Mulholland, Director of Services