Kilkenny County Council and the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) for Kilkenny are preparing a Local Economic and Community Plan for the county. We would like to hear your views on the draft economic and community actions that we are considering including in the Plan by 5pm on Monday 30 November 2015.
The County Kilkenny LECP will consist of actions to:
- develop and strengthen the local economy, and improve the well-being and quality of life of people and communities throughout County Kilkenny;
- provide a framework to guide and co-ordinate all publicly-funded local and community development programmes; and
- target funding and resources where they are most needed and where they can make the greatest impact.
All funding that Kilkenny County Council receives between 2015 and 2021 will be spent on the economic, community and social priorities identified in the Local
Economic and Community Plan.
What is the LECP?
The LECP will have two main elements:
1. economic development elements, developed by Kilkenny County Council’s Strategic Policy Committee (SPC1) for Economic Development. SPC1 has prepared a list of draft economic actions aimed at boosting job creation and to promote the county as a great place to invest, set-up and develop a business; and
2. local and community elements, developed by the Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee (LCDC). The LCDC has prepared a list of draft community actions to address issues such as education provision, and poverty and social inclusion.
Have Your Say
We want to make sure that the economic and community actions in the LECP address the needs and priorities of the people of County Kilkenny. This is why it is important that as many people as possible take part in the consultation process around the draft actions. We will consider everyone’s views.
We must receive your views by 5.00pm on Monday 30 November 2015.
The LECP will be finalised by the end of December, 2015.
We look forward to receiving your views.
Head of Enterprise
Local Enterprise Office
42 Parliament Street
Tel: 056 7752662