Abbey Creative Quarter Urban Design Criteria
Urban Design Criteria and Recommended Development Code
for the Implementation of the Abbey Creative Quarter Masterplan
It is an objective of the Kilkenny City & Environs Development Plan 2014-2020 (as varied):
The preparation of this project has commenced and its main objective is to translate the strategies, objectives and vision of the Abbey Creative Quarter Masterplan into urban design criteria and a development code which will guide the nature and extent of development in the area.
The Urban Design Criteria will cover such areas as:
- Land uses
- Building lines
- Individual plot/building widths and depths
- Building heights
- A design scheme to include guidance on elements such as roofscapes, treatment of public and private spaces, building adaptability, building detailing (including signage and public lighting, telecommunications infrastructure)
- A scheme of appropriate exterior materials for new buildings, having regard to the existing fabric of the city
- Recommendations for materials and finishes to be used within public spaces
To assist in the preparation of this Urban Design Criteria and Recommended Development Code for the Abbey Creative Quarter Masterplan, a public consultation workshop will be held in the Ormonde Hotel, Kilkenny City on Wednesday 19th April 2017 at 7.30p.m. In order to cater adequately for attendees on the night, if you wish to attend, you are required to register by 4pm on Tuesday 18th of April 2017. You can register:
- Online at www.eventbrite.ie or
- Email email@example.com, or ring 056-7794010, with the following information:
- Your name
- Contact email (if you have one)
- Telephone number
In addition to this public consultation event you can make a submission or observation regarding the Urban Design Criteria and Recommended Development Code from 10th April to 4pm on the 5th May 2017.
Submissions can be made either:
- online via consult
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- in writing, to the Director of Services, Planning, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
Please note all submissions will be made available for public viewing on our website.
For further information, contact the Forward Planning Department at 056 7794037 or email Deirdre.email@example.com
 Objective 3K in full is: ‘To prepare urban design criteria and recommendations and archaeological recommendations for the implementation of the Abbey Creative Quarter Masterplan’. The archaeological recommendations have been the subject of a separate tender process and the archaeological outputs will inform this work.