Callan Local Area Plan 2019 - Pre-draft consultation process
Callan Local Area Plan 2019 - 2025
Invitation for Submissions on the Issues Paper for the Callan Local Area Plan by 5pm on Friday 20th July 2018 and to attend public meeting.
Kilkenny County Council have commenced the process of preparing a new Local Area Plan (LAP) for Callan to replace the existing LAP. The LAP will be the statutory plan that sets out the land use strategy for Callan. This process is separate to the ongoing Town Renewal Plan process for which meetings were recently held and a Town Team established. To assist this process an “Issues Paper” has been prepared which identifies the key planning issues that may be addressed in the Draft Local Area Plan.
Interested parties are invited to identify ‘bigger picture’ issues that need to be addressed in the LAP.
There are two key components to this pre-draft consultation process:
• An invitation to make submissions and,
• A public consultation evening which will be held at the Callan Parish Hall, Green Street, Callan on Wednesday 27th of June 2018 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
The Issues Paper may be inspected from the 20th June 2018 at the following locations:
• Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (during normal opening hours)
• Callan Area Office, Callan, Co. Kilkenny
• On this website, see below
Submission on the Issues Paper can be made before 5pm on Friday 20th of July 2018 as follows:
• Online through this website or
• By email to: email@example.com or
• In writing to: The Senior Planner, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall John Street, Kilkenny.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are also welcome to make submissions. Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period.
This is your opportunity to have a say in the future development of your area. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data
Director of Services, Planning Department