DRAFT STRATEGIC POLICY COMMITTEE SCHEME 2019-2024
Kilkenny County Council proposes to establish five Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs). The purpose of the Committees is to give Sectoral Interests an input in assisting and advising the Council in the formulation, development and review of policy and its implementation.
The five proposed SPCs are as follows:
- Economic Development, Enterprise Support and Tourism, Planning & Development Policy.
- Transportation Policy/Mobility Management & Water Services.
- Environmental Protection, Climate Action & Energy.
- Community, Cultural & Fire Services.
Membership of the SPCs will comprise of Elected Members and representatives of the following Sectors:
- Trade Union
- Social Inclusion
The Draft SPC Scheme may be inspected at the locations listed hereunder during normal office hours from Friday 19th July to Friday 16th August 2019 (inclusive).
- Corporate Affairs Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
- City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny
- Castlecomer Area Office, Kilkenny St, Castlecomer
- Ferrybank Area Office, Ferrybank Shopping Centre.
- Thomastown Area Office, Thomastown
- Callan Area Office, Clonmel Road, Callan.
The Draft SPC Scheme is also available on the Kilkenny County Council internet site – .
Submissions on the Draft Scheme may be lodged with Ms. Anne Maria Walsh, Senior Executive Officer, Corporate Services, Kilkenny County Council not later that 5.00pm on Friday 30th August, 2019.
Director of Services