Proposed Footbridge over River Dinin at Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny.
Public notice placed in the Kilkenny People and Irish Independent Wednesday 7th August 2019.
COMHAIRLE CHONTAE CHILL CHAINNIGH
KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL
PROPOSED FOOTBRIDGE OVER RIVER DININ AT CASTLECOMER, CO. KILKENNY
Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála to carry out a proposed development adjacent to the N78, Castlecomer Bridge, in the townlands of Drumgoole, Castlecomer and Ardra in the County of Kilkenny.
The proposed development would be composed of:
- Construction of a two span footbridge over the River Dinin adjacent to the existing N78, Castlecomer Bridge
• Alterations to existing stone masonry walls to facilitate the footpath approaches to the proposed footbridge and other associated site works.
Castlecomer Bridge, located in the townlands of Castlecomer and Drumgoole is listed as a protected structure on the Record of Protected Structures (RPS D13) within the current Kilkenny County Development Plan (2014 – 2020).
La Rive, The Square, Castlecomer whose boundary wall will be impacted by the works is listed as a protected structure on the Record of Protected Structures (RPS C491) within the current Kilkenny County Development Plan (2014 – 2020).
Gateway, Athy Road, Castlecomer located in the townlands of Drumgoole and Ardra and whose boundary wall will be impacted by the works is listed as a protected structure on the Record of Protected Structures (RPS C853) within the current Kilkenny County Development Plan (2014 – 2020).
KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for the proposed development under Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 to 2018.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the plans and particulars of the scheme and the Natura Impact Statement will be available for inspection free of charge between Friday 9th August to Friday 4th October 2019 (inclusive of both dates) at;
- The consultation Website of Kilkenny County Council at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/
- The Planning Section, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny, R95 A39T, between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 4.00pm on Mondays to Fridays (bank holidays excluded).
- Castlecomer Library, Kilkenny Street, Castlecomer during its normal opening hours, Tuesday 10 a.m – 8 p.m; Wednesday 10 a.m – 5 p.m; Thursday 10 a.m – 5 p.m; Friday 10 a.m – 1 p.m; Saturday 10 a.m - 1.30pm.
Kildare County Council, National Roads Office, Block B, Maudlins, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 T864, between the hours of 9.30am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm on Mondays to Fridays (bank holidays excluded).
A copy of the Natura Impact Statement and the Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected free of charge at the locations above or purchased at a cost of €15.
Submissions and observations may be made to An Bord Pleanála on the proposed development in relation to -
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out,
may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin, D01 V902.
Any submission/observation must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than on or before 4.30pm on Friday 4th October 2019.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 to 2015. Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie
Dated this 7th August 2019.
Signed: Tim Butler, Director of Services.
REGISTER OF PARTICULARS (attached under 'Materials' on the right hand side of screen)
Natura Impact Statement
Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report
Habitats Directive Project Screening Report
Cover Letter to An Bord Pleanala
Letters of support
Prescribed bodies notified (List)