Proposed Material Alterations to the Thomastown Draft Local Area Plan
Notice of Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Thomastown Local Area Plan
Kilkenny County Council are in the process of making a Local Area Plan for Thomastown and propose to make a number of Material Alterations to the previously published Draft Plan.
Having carried out screenings of the Proposed Material Alterations, the Council has determined that Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA) are not required for the Proposed Material Alterations.
The proposed alterations and screening decisions (SEA and AA) may be inspected from Thursday, 31st of January 2019 to Thursday 28th of February 2019 (both dates inclusive but excluding bank holidays) at the following locations:
- Online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie
- Planning Department, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny from 9am to 1pm and 2 - 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Thomastown Area Office, from 9am to 1pm and 2 - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Thomastown Library, Marsh's St, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny during normal opening hours
Submissions or observations in respect of the proposed Material Alterations or to the information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the alterations will be taken into consideration before the making of any alteration.
Submissions may be made:
- online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie or
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Denis Malone, Senior Planner, Planning Department, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny
Hard copies of the Proposed Material Alterations will be available for purchase from the Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, for the following prices:
- €5 for Proposed Material Alterations to the LAP
- €2 for SEA Screening
- €2 for AA Screening
Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period. Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Submissions or observations must be received before 5pm Thursday 28th of February 2019. Please contact Kilkenny County Council Planning Department, 056-7794010 with any queries.
Director of Services