Thomastown Local Area Plan 2019 - Pre-draft consultation process
Thomastown Local Area Plan 2019 - 2025
Invitation for Submissions on the Issues Paper for the Thomastown Local Area Plan by 5pm on Friday 27th July 2018 and to attend public meeting
Kilkenny County Council have commenced the process of preparing a new Local Area Plan (LAP) for Thomastown to replace the existing LAP. The LAP will be the statutory plan that sets out the land use strategy for Thomastown. To assist this process an
“Issues Paper” has been prepared which identifies the key planning issues that may be addressed in the Draft Local Area Plan. Interested parties are invited to identify ‘bigger picture’ issues that need to be addressed in the LAP.
There are two key components to this pre-draft consultation process:
• An invitation to make submissions and,
• A public consultation evening which will be held at the Thomastown Community Centre, Marshes Street, Thomastown on Wednesday 11th of July 2018 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
The Issues Paper may be inspected on this website, and from the 27th June 2018 at the following locations:
• Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (during
normal opening hours)
• Thomastown Area Office, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny
Submissions on the Issues Paper can be made before 5pm on Friday 27th of July 2018 as follows:
• Online on this website or
• By email to: email@example.com or
• In writing to: The Senior Planner, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council,County Hall John Street, Kilkenny.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are also welcome to make submissions. Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period.
This is your opportunity to have a say in the future development of your area. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kilkenny County Council will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Director of Services, Planning Department