Watergate Urban Park
Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended
Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Watergate Urban Park
In accordance with the provisions of Part XI of the Planning & Development Act 2000, as amended and Part 8, Article 81, of Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Kilkenny County Council gives notice of its intention to construct the Watergate Urban Park Scheme in Kilkenny City.
The principle features of the proposed development will consist of;
- Construction of an urban park in the area to the south of the Watergate Theatre between Parliament Street and Horse Barrack Lane
- Provision of a through route for pedestrians and cyclists between Parliament Street and Horse Barrack Lane
- Provision of outdoor seating
- Provision of a canopy type structure to provide shelter over part of the park
- Provision of public lighting
- Removal and reconstruction of part of the concrete block boundary wall between the Watergate Theatre and the park
- Provision of a raised stage area adjacent to the Watergate Theatre to facilitate outdoor performances
- Provision of planting and wall cladding to screen adjacent boundaries
- Provision of new drainage system including attenuation for surface water run-off
- Provision of parking spaces to the rear of the Watergate Theatre
- Amendment of existing loading bay for Watergate Theatre and provision of secondary loading area
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase for a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours from Monday November 1st 2021 until Friday November 26th 2021 inclusive, at the following Kilkenny County Council office by appointment only:
- Planning Dept., Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John St., Kilkenny City from 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays). To make an appointment please contact: 056 7794010 or email: email@example.com
Details of the proposed development can also be viewed at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/
In accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) the Planning authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is not required.
As per Article 120(3) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), where any person considers that the development proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this updated notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be carried out, may be made online at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/, in writing to the Planning Section, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny or sent to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest time and date for receipt of submissions on the development is 4.00pm on Friday December 10th 2021.
Submissions should be clearly marked “Watergate Urban Park Part 8”
Director of Services,
Kilkenny County Council.