Proposed Material Alterations to the Graiguenamanagh-Tinnahinch Draft Joint Local Area Plan
Notice of Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Joint Graiguenamanagh-Tinnahinch Local Area Plan
Kilkenny County Council in collaboration with Carlow County Council are in the process of making a Joint Local Area Plan for Graiguenamanagh-Tinnahinch and propose to make a number of Material Alterations to the previously published Draft Plan.
Having carried out screenings of the Proposed Material Alterations, the Councils have determined that Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA) are not required for the Proposed Material Alterations.
The proposed alterations and screening decisions (SEA and AA) may be inspected from Friday 9th April 2021 to Friday 7th May 2021 (both dates inclusive but excluding bank holidays) at the following locations:
- Online at or
- Planning Office, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny (by appointment only during normal opening hours as per Covid-19 Guidelines)
- Planning Office, Carlow County Council, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow (by appointment only during normal opening hours as per Covid-19 Guidelines
- Graiguenamanagh Library during normal opening hours and subject to Covid-19 restriction and protocols in place at the time (please contact the library services to confirm availability
Submissions or observations in respect of the proposed Material Alterations or to the information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the alterations will be taken into consideration before the making of any alteration.
Submissions may be made:
- online at http://consult.kilkenny.ie/ or
- online at https://consult.carlow.ie/ or
- by e-mail to email@example.com or
- by e-mail to jointLAP@carlowcoco.ie or
In writing to:
- The Senior Planner, Planning Department, Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny or
- The Senior Planner, Planning Department, Carlow County Council, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow.
Please note that all submissions will be made available for public viewing on the Council’s consultation website during the plan-making period. Kilkenny and Carlow County Councils will treat all personal data you give us as confidential. We will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this LAP and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and the relevant Data Protection legislation.
Submissions or observations must be received before 5pm Friday 7th of May 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Director of Services
Kilkenny County Council
Director of Services,
Carlow County Council