Section 177AE Application to An Bord Pleanala for the N77 Ballyragget Village to Ballynaslee Road Improvement Scheme
(Advertisement which appeared in the Kilkenny People on Wednesday 2nd Dececmber 2020 and the Irish Independent Thursday 3rd December 2020.)
COMHAIRLE CHONTAE CHILL CHAINNIGH
KILKENNY COUNTY COUNCIL
N77 BALLYRAGGET VILLAGE TO BALLYNASLEE ROAD IMPROVEMENT SCHEME, NORTH OF BALLYRAGGET VILLAGE, IN THE TOWNLANDS OF BALLYCONRA AND BALLYNASLEE, COUNTY KILKENNY.
Notice of Planning Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Notice is hereby given that Kilkenny County Council intends to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála under Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) to carry out a proposed development along a section of the N77 route north of Ballyragget Village in the townlands of Ballyconra and Ballynaslee in County Kilkenny.
The proposed development will consist of the realignment of a 2.44km section of the N77 to remove a bend immediately to the north of the Glanbia plant at Ballyragget, County Kilkenny. The proposed development will commence c. 250m south of the Glanbia plant at Ballyragget and extend northwards to tie in to the recently completed N77 Ballynaslee Realignment Scheme. The works will consist of 1740m of online realignment and 700m of offline realignment works, with associated drainage, including attenuation pond and swales; fencing; safety barriers; kerb line; signage; and all site development and landscaping works.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the plans and particulars of the proposed development and the Natura Impact Statement will be available for inspection free of charge between Friday 4th December 2020 and Friday 29th January 2021 (Inclusive of both dates) at the following locations:
- The consultation website of Kilkenny County Council at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/en
- The Planning Section of Kilkenny County Council, County Hall, John Street, Kilkenny City. R95 A39T between the hours 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm Monday to Friday (Excluding Public Holidays and the 24th December), by appointment. Contact (056) 7794010 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
- The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 between the hours 9:15am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday (Excluding Public Holidays and the 24th December)
The Natura Impact Statement and the Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected free of charge at the locations above or purchased at a cost of €30.
Any submissions and observations on the proposed development in relation to –
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out,
may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin, D01 V902.
Any submission/observation must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than on or before 5.30pm on Friday 29th January 2021.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 to 2019.
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie
Dated this 2nd December 2020.
Signed: Tim Butler, Director of Services.
Register of Particulars (Included as materials on the Right Hand side of the screen)
- Cover Letter to Application to An Bord Pleanala.
- Natura Impact Statement” (Ecofact, 2020)
- Planning, Construction and Environmental Report (Atkins, 2020);
- Kilkenny County Council Habitats Directive Project Screening Report.
- Screening for Appropriate Assessment Report (Ecofact, 2019);
- Kilkenny County Council EIA Screening Statement.
- Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report (Atkins, 2020);
- Route Options Report (THRDO, 2020);
- Project Appraisal Plan (THRDO, 2020);
- Preliminary Design Report (THRDO, 2020);
- Flood Risk Assessment (Atkins, 2020);
- A list of the prescribed bodies to which notice was sent under section 177AE(4)(b) and a copy of each notice sent.
- Newspaper Notices. Published in the Kilkenny People , dated 2nd December 2020 and Irish Independent dated 3rd December 2020 under section 177AE(4)(a)