Appendix 1 - Temporary Signage Policy
TEMPORARY SIGNAGE POLICY
Kilkenny County Council policy on temporary signage on public lands is summarised below, a more detailed document is available on request from the Environment Section.
- Subject to planning law, signage may only be erected on private property with the prior written consent of the landowner.
- Before any signage is erected on public property the prior written consent of the Local Authority is required.
- Posters advertising public meetings do not require prior permission from the Council
- Election and referendum posters on public grounds do not require prior permission from the Council
- Application shall be made to the appropriate Local Authority Area Office and shall include the completed application form and a site location drawing.
- Approval must be sought at least three weeks prior to the proposed erection of the temporary signage.
City Hall (056) 779-4000
Thomastown Area Office (056) 7793340
Castlecomer Area Office (056) 444-1251
Ferrybank Area Office (051) 831-370
- Approval shall be issued in writing by the Local Authority and shall be subject to conditions, particularly regarding road safety.
- The maximum sign size permissible is 1.2m².
- All signs and fixings must be removed within an approved time frame
The following types of events can be licensed by the Area Offices:
& other events traditionally run by non-profit making societies